• NELCWIT is the sexual and domestic violence crisis center of Franklin County and the North Quabbin.
For immediate crisis intervention and support, please call our 24/7 Crisis Line:
Se habla español. We can also receive calls in more than 200 other languages through an interpretation service. All are welcome. Our lines are TTY enabled or use MA Relay 711.
Toll-free number for residents of Franklin County & North Quabbin: (888) 249-1816.
The following is a list of resources that you may find useful in addition to NELCWIT's services.
General Information and National Resources:
- The National Network to End Domestic Violence
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Futures Without Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline, NDVH (also available by live chat)**
- Love is Respect, a project of NDVH about healthy relationships for young people**
- Forge-Forward, Building strength and Resilience in our Transgender Community
- The Asian/Pacific Islander Domestic Violence Resource Project**
- National Latin@ Network for Healthy Families and Communities*
- The National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- StrongHearts Native Helpline, for survivors of Native or First Nations descent
- Cybersecurity for survivors of domestic violence/stalking
WomensLaw.org, state and federal laws about domestic violence, restraining orders, stalking
- The Network/La Red, LBGTQIA-focused domestic violence hotline*
- Jane Doe, Inc., the Massachusetts state domestic violence coalition**
- The TOD@S Collaborative, serving LGBQ/T Black and Latin@ people affected by partner abuse*
- SafeLink, Massachusetts' state domestic violence hotline, run by Casa Myrna**
- Department of Transitional Assistance, state benefits**
MA Fair Housing, information about state housing law**
- About Restraining Orders from the Northwestern District Attorney's Office (serves Franklin County)
- Clinical & Support Options (CSO), 24/7 mental health crisis services & support
- ServiceNet, mental health support and shelter services
- Community Action Pioneer Valley, economic support information and referrals
- The Stonewall Center at UMass Amherst, LGBTQIA+ support groups and resources
- The Center for Women and Community at UMass Amherst, domestic violence hotline, survivor resources including support groups, rape crisis services counseling, referrals
- Safe Passage, domestic violence hotline, shelter, counseling, legal advocacy*
- The Salasin Center, assistance with meeting basic needs for survivors
- MA Fair Housing**
*Starred entries have services available in English and Spanish.
**Double-starred entries offer services in English, Spanish and other languages.
Almost twenty-seven years ago, NELCWIT was a lifesaver for me and my three kids, and none of us have forgotten. I'm just sharing this with you to let you know what a huge impact the courageous and dedicated women of NELCWIT, and the vital, top-notch services they provide, have had across time. I can't, and wouldn't want to, imagine my life without your grace and wisdom.