• NELCWIT is the sexual and domestic violence crisis center of Franklin County and the North Quabbin.
For immediate crisis intervention and support, please call our 24/7 Crisis Line:
Se habla español. We can also receive calls in more than 200 other languages through an interpretation service. All are welcome. Our lines are TTY enabled or use MA Relay 711.
Toll-free number for residents of Franklin County & North Quabbin: (888) 249-1816.
NELCWIT’s mission is to work within the community to build safety, justice, and dignity for all. We offer shelter referrals, counseling, prevention education, advocacy, children’s visitation programming, and economic empowerment initiatives to survivors of domestic and sexual abuse. As an antiracist, multicultural organization, NELCWIT also joins with and mobilizes other groups and individuals who are working to end domestic violence and sexual abuse, ensure human rights, and create social change.
NELCWIT is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Direct service staff are unionized members of the SEIU Local 509. NELCWIT is an equal opportunity provider and employer. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds (AA/EOE/ADA).
Current Openings for Full and Part-time Positions:
- Crisis Line and Direct Service Advocate
- Bilingual Domestic and Sexual Violence Counselor/ Advocate
- Crisis Line/ Direct Service and Overnight Crisis Line/Medical Advocacy
- Crisis Line, Medical Advocacy Relief
- Domestic Violence Intervention Project (DVIP) - RELIEF
- Franklin County Children's Visitation Program (FCCVP) - Visit Monitor
- Franklin County Children's Visitation Program (FCCVP) - RELIEF
- SafePlan Advocate (Orange Office)
The policies of NELCWIT prohibit any form of discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, mental or physical disability, political belief or affiliation, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law with respect to employment, volunteer participation and the provisions of services.
Almost twenty-seven years ago, NELCWIT was a lifesaver for me and my three kids, and none of us have forgotten. I'm just sharing this with you to let you know what a huge impact the courageous and dedicated women of NELCWIT, and the vital, top-notch services they provide, have had across time. I can't, and wouldn't want to, imagine my life without your grace and wisdom.